Brain and Nervous System Diseases
The highest level of expertise and precision in the neuro-center
Patients with diseases of the brain and nervous system receive a level of medical care at Heidelberg University Hospital that is available at only a few centers in Europe. The neurological and neurosurgical departments offer all the procedures and techniques necessary for a precise diagnosis as well as the entire spectrum of modern treatment methods, such as neuronavigation for precise guidance during brain surgery.
Selected Areas of Expertise
- Movement Disorders (with Brain Stimulation)
- Stroke and Complex Neurological Treatments
- Neuroradiological Diagnosis and Intervention
- Neurosurgical Treatments of Vascular Diseases / Malformations
- Nervous System Tumors
- Skull Base Surgery
- Multiple Sclerosis (Neuroimmunology)
- Intervertebral Disc Prolapse and Spinal Stenosis
- Developmental Disorders and Neurological Diseases in Childhood
- Implants for Hearing Improvement
If you do not find the information you are seeking, please contact us.
Nursing staff, physical therapists and, if needed, speech therapists and occupational therapists – specialized personnel who understand how to care for and restore ill persons, support the treatment. Often, patients continue to be treated in cooperating medical centers specializing in rehabilitation.