Center for Orthopaedics, Trauma Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury
Largest Orthopaedic Hospital in Germany
Life is movement – that is the motto of the Heidelberg Orthopaedic Hospital. This goal is pursued through conservative orthopaedics, a high level of precision in larger or smaller operations and through technical orthopaedics. The Heidelberg University Orthopaedic Hospital is the largest facility of its kind at a single location in Germany. Each year, we conduct over 6,000 inpatient and more than 50,000 outpatient treatments, covering the entire spectrum of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. Also patients with severe and highly complex diseases find experienced physicians for their care - Orthopaedics in Heidelberg overall treat cases with the highest degree of severity all of Germany.
Second Opinion & Online Consultation
Our experienced orthopaedic specialists also offer online consultations for international patients.
Selected Areas of Expertise:
- Joint Replacement of the Hip and Knee (Endoprosthetics)
- Foot surgery and Foot deformities
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Bone Tumors / Orthopaedic Oncology
- Spine Surgery (Spine Center) / Scoliosis
- Spinal Cord Injury Center
- Technical Orthopaedics
- Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery
- Hand-, Elbow, and Microsurgery
- Pediatric Neuro Orthopaedics and Clinical Gait Analysis
- Conservative Orthopaedics and Pain Therapy
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Sport Orthopaedics and Traumatology
If you do not find the information you are seeking, please contact us.
Individual Solutions Rather Than Off-The-Shelf Treatments
Specialist teams of highly competent and experienced doctors, nursing staff, physical therapists and occupational therapists work day by day to design and implement the optimal treatment for each individual patient. Medical treatment is optimally complemented by the Technical Orthopedics Department, our in-house orthopedic workshop for manufacturing prostheses (arm/hand and leg/foot), orthotics and bandages. Also complex orthopedic problems find appropriate solutions here.