Center for Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury
Largest Orthopedic Hospital in Germany
Life is movement – that is the motto of the Heidelberg Orthopedic Hospital. This goal is pursued through conservative orthopedics, a high level of precision in larger or smaller operations and through technical orthopedics. The Heidelberg University Orthopedic Hospital is the largest facility of its kind at a single location in Germany. Each year, we conduct over 6,000 inpatient and more than 50,000 outpatient treatments, covering the entire spectrum of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. Also patients with severe and highly complex diseases find experienced physicians for their care - Orthopedics in Heidelberg overall treat cases with the highest degree of severity all of Germany.
Selected Areas of Expertise:
- Joint Replacement of the Hip and Knee (Endoprosthetics)
- Foot surgery and Foot deformities
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Bone Tumors / Orthopedic Oncology
- Spine Surgery (Spine Center) / Scoliosis
- Spinal Cord Injury Center
- Technical Orthopedics
- Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery
- Hand-, Elbow, and Microsurgery
- Pediatric Neuro Orthopedics and Clinical Gait Analysis
- Conservative Orthopedics and Pain Therapy
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Sport Orthopedics and Traumatology
If you do not find the information you are seeking, please contact us.
Individual Solutions Rather Than Off-The-Shelf Treatments
Specialist teams of highly competent and experienced doctors, nursing staff, physical therapists and occupational therapists work day by day to design and implement the optimal treatment for each individual patient. Medical treatment is optimally complemented by the Technical Orthopedics Department, our in-house orthopedic workshop for manufacturing prostheses (arm/hand and leg/foot), orthotics and bandages. Also complex orthopedic problems find appropriate solutions here.
Second Opinion & Online Consultation
Our experienced orthopedic specialists also offer online consultations for international patients.