close× call us +49 6221 56 6243


We will send patients who need a visa a letter of invitation for forwarding to the Embassy. This requires the amount shown on the cost estimate to have been received in full on the Heidelberg University Hospital’s account. Please contact us if you need our assistance.

You will find further information about applying for a visa on the web pages of the German Embassy in your home country.

Medical Travel Insurance

People who are travelling to Germany to receive medical treatment and accompanying persons are required by law to take out medical travel insurance. This medical travel insurance must be taken out in the home country, e.g. through the travel agency.