Corona Virus Update
Before travelling to Germany
Please inform yourself about the latest regulations.
Regulations for visitors and accompanying persons at the hospital
1. the following applies to all visitors/accompanying persons at Heidelberg University Hospital:
- Wearing an FFP2 mask is mandatory during the entire stay. Persons who do not want to or cannot wear an FFP2 mask (regardless of the reason) will not be admitted. Children 6-12 years of age must wear at least one medical mouth/nose protector.
- Generally, only persons 6 years of age or older may visit/escort.
- Visitors/accompanying persons must not have symptoms typical of COVID19.
- Visitors/accompanying persons must not be in quarantine or isolation.
- The patient to be visited must not be in quarantine or isolation himself/herself (exceptions in special cases, e.g. terminal care or parents of young children, are decided by the attending physicians).
2. visits to inpatients
- Visiting hours: in the period from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Exceptions for visits outside visiting hours: must be confirmed in writing by the ward physician, e.g. for seriously ill patients, a legal guardian for underage patients, etc.
- Number and duration: 1 visitor 1 time per day per patient
- Covid test: proof of a max. 24 hrs. old negative antigen rapid test from certified test center required
3. accompaniment for outpatients / day inpatients
- Outpatients and day patients come unaccompanied. Exceptions only for frail/dementia or minor patients: 1 accompanying person.
- Vaccinated/recovered persons do not need a test, unvaccinated/non-recovered persons must present a negative rapid antigen test < 24 hrs from a recognized testing site.
Contact Health Office
If you have further questions regarding travel restrictions / quarantine obligations, please contact
- the Regional Council Stuttgart / Regional Health Office (Landesgesundheitsamt):
+49 711 904-39555 (every day between 9 a.m. – 6 p.m) or
- your regional health Office